Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Free Day


Yesterday I realized that I had an especially free-filled day.  It started with a trip to Cornhusker Bank where I opened a new checking account (free, of course).  I love going to Cornhusker Bank because they have a cappuccino/hot chocolate machine with a rotation of different flavors (yesterday was French Vanilla).  Mmmm.  I actually save my deposits and go banking on days when I know I'll be out and about and would enjoy a warm frothy drink in hand:)  By they way, they have a decent interest rate for checking accounts which is why I switched banks-- who doesn't like free money?  Anyway, yesterday I got the cappuccino, as per usual, but since it was also their locations' one-year anniversary, they had cookies and cake as well.  Yum!  Ryan and I took some cookies before the personal banker said we needed some cake for the road and brought us a big corner piece.  We didn't refuse:)

Later in the evening I went to Ashley Lynn's Tanning because they have free tanning from now until January 26th.  I heard about this on a radio commerical.  Now, I'm not a huge promoter of tanning-- I think it's ridiculous when you see orange girls in the dead of winter or the older women with the dark, leather-like skin.  But the prospect of being a little tanner is hard to turn down, especially when the price is free. 

After this Ryan and I went to Blockbuster.  We had two coupons each good for a free previously viewed DVD, up to $14.99 value!  Ryan got this coupon through e-Rewards.  When you sign up for e-Rewards, you bascically currency for participating in market research surveys that are selected to match your demographics and interests.  You can then redeem your earnings for "rewards" from their participating partners.  I earned a year's subscription to Lucky magazine once, as well as a subscription to Women's Day, which I gave to my mom.  Ryan's earned a subscription to Entreprenuer magazine, in addition to the Blockbuster DVDs.  We each picked out a movie; both are movies we haven't seen.  Ryan got "TransSiberian" and I got "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day".  If they both sink, we won't feel too bad;)

Ah, I love a Free Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment